When gathering moving boxes, it’s important to make sure they are in good condition and can withstand the weight of your belongings. It’s also a good idea to label your boxes with their contents to make the unpacking process easier.
You can get moving boxes from a variety of places, such as:
- Online retailers: Many retailers sell moving boxes online, such as Amazon, U-Haul, and Home Depot.
- Office supply stores: Stores like Staples and Office Depot often carry boxes that are suitable for moving.
- Moving companies: Some moving companies sell boxes as part of their services, or may offer them for purchase.
- Grocery stores: Many grocery stores have boxes that they are willing to give away for free.
- Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace: People often post moving boxes for free or for sale on these platforms.
- Friends and family: Ask around to see if anyone you know has boxes they no longer need.
- Liquor stores: Liquor stores often have boxes with partitions that are suitable for transporting fragile items like glasses and dishes.
- Home improvement stores: Home improvement stores like Lowe’s and Home Depot often have boxes that are designed for packing and moving items like lamps and mirrors.
- Recycling centers: Recycling centers may have cardboard boxes that have been discarded and are still in good condition.
- Local print shops: Local print shops may have large boxes that they use to store paper products that can be repurposed for moving.
Another tip is to consider using plastic bins instead of cardboard boxes. They are more durable, reusable, and can be stacked easily. Some moving companies also offer plastic bin rentals.
If you’re looking to save money, try to collect boxes over time rather than buying them all at once. You can also ask friends and family to save any boxes they receive for you.
Before using any boxes for moving, make sure to check for signs of damage, such as tears or water damage. Additionally, make sure to properly pack your belongings with bubble wrap, packing paper, or other protective materials to prevent damage during transport.
Overall, there are many places where you can get moving boxes, so be creative and resourceful to save money and ensure a successful move.
Remember to choose sturdy boxes in various sizes to accommodate all of your belongings and ensure a safe move!
Image: “Removal Firm Moving Boxes” by sunset_removals is licensed under CC BY 2.0.